Jana M. Moser is Counsel at Rushovich Mehtani. Ms. Moser has worked in litigation her entire career, both on the defense and plaintiff side. Her experience practicing on both sides of the bar allows her to bring creative, outside-the-box solutions to her clients’ matters and regularly achieve favorable results before trial. Ms. Moser exclusively practices employment law at Rushovich Mehtani, with matters ranging from harassment, discrimination, and retaliation to wage-and-hour matters (both single plaintiff and class action). Prior to joining Rushovich Mehtani, Ms. Moser practiced intellectual property, securities and business litigation. Her former clients included employers, writers, producers, video game developers, media companies and hotels.
At Berkeley Law School, Ms. Moser earned a Law and Technology Certificate issued by Berkeley’s Center for Law and Technology, worked as a federal judicial extern for the Honorable Frank C. Damrell, and was a member of the California Law Review, the Berkeley Technology Law Journal, and Berkeley Law School’s moot court team.
Ms. Moser practices hot yoga and enjoys going to the movies and museums in her spare time.
- University of California, Berkeley (Boalt Hall), J.D., California Law Review Member
- University of California, Irvine, B.A., Cum Laude Honors
HONORS & AWARDS
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star, Southern California, 2015-2017 (Featured in Los Angeles Magazine)
- Top 40 Under 40, National Advocates, 2015
- A 9.8 out of 10 rating on Avvo, deemed “Superb”
- "Representing the Games Industry Client: Where HR is as Important as IP", The Computer & Internet Lawyer, June 2013
- "Songs in Contention", 29th Annual Entertainment Law Issue of the Los Angeles Lawyer, May 2013
- "Tupac Lives! What Hologram Authors Should Know About Intellectual Property Law", American Bar Association, September 2012
LEGAL MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Member, California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United State Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit