Eliot J. Rushovich is a founding Partner at Rushovich Mehtani. Mr. Rushovich exclusively represents employees in employment law cases. Over the past decade, he has represented numerous employees at all levels of seniority, from minimum wage hourly employees to senior level executives at Fortune 500 companies. He is particularly skilled in litigation matters related to discrimination, harassment and retaliation, and wage and hour matters (including both individual and class action cases). He also has extensive experience representing senior-level executives in confidential out-of-court settlement negotiations and mediations.
In recent years, Mr. Rushovich has become a leader in the community. Besides being a regular member of the major plaintiff's employment associations in Southern California, Mr. Rushovich serves on multiple legal committees based in Los Angeles and as an expert panelist at various employment law related seminars and functions. Prior to founding Rushovich Mehtani LLP, Mr. Rushovich spent several years working as an attorney at O’Melveny & Myers, one of the oldest and largest law firms in Los Angeles. While at O'Melveny, Mr. Rushovich handled a number of senior level executive employment agreements and severance agreements, including negotiating the agreements of multiple high-profile executives at the major movie studios.
In his spare time, Mr. Rushovich spends time toiling away at the Crossfit gym, trying out new restaurants, and trying to keep up with the latest trends in tech.
- Harvard Law School, J.D.
- Harvard College, B.A., magna cum laude
HONORS & AWARDS
- Super Lawyers® Top 100 Rising Stars, Southern California, 2016-2017 (Featured in Los Angeles Magazine)
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star, Southern California, 2015-2017 (Featured in Los Angeles Magazine)
- A perfect 10.0 rating on Avvo, deemed “Superb”
BOARDS & COMMITTEES
- Committee Member, California Employment Lawyers Association, Barristers Committee, 2015-2016
- Board Member, Jewish Federation of Los Angeles, EMET Legal Division, 2015-2016
LEGAL MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Member, California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- Member, Disability Rights Bar Association (DRBA)
RECENT SEMINARS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Panel Speaker, "Nuts and Bolts of Employment Law II", Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, December 2016
- Podcast Contributor, "Sound Advice - 8 Key Issues in Employment Settlement Agreements", American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, October 2015
- Panel Speaker, "Disability Discrimination and Termination: Legal Considerations for Applicant Attorneys", California Applicants' Attorneys Association - Southern California Regional Chapter, March 2015
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit