C. Genevieve Jenkins is Counsel at Rushovich Mehtani, where she practices employment and housing litigation. In her employment practice, she represents employees in harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wage-and-hour matters on an individual and class action basis. In her housing practice, she represents tenants in civil lawsuits against landlords for issues including negligence, violations of the warranty of habitability, discrimination, and harassment.
Prior to joining Rushovich Mehtani, Ms. Jenkins worked as a housing litigator at Inner City Law Center and Eviction Defense Network in Los Angeles, and in the environmental and litigation departments of Latham & Watkins LLP in San Francisco. From 2013-2014, she worked in Johannesburg, South Africa, as a voluntary legal advisor at Lawyers for Human Rights and as a law clerk to South African Constitutional Court Justice Johann van der Westhuizen.
In her free time, Ms. Jenkins can be found running, cycling, or hiking, or tucked into the corner of a coffee shop writing or reading fiction.
- Queen Mary College, University of London, L.L.M., Drapers' Scholarship Award
- William and Mary Law School, J.D., Law Review Member, Moot Court Member
- McGill University, B.A.
LEGAL MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Member, California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
- Member, National Lawyers Guild (NLG)
- Member, Tenant Lawyer Network (TLN)
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California