Aanand Mehtani is a Founding Partner at Rushovich Mehtani LLP. Mr. Mehtani has over a decade of experience with various types of employment law matters, including but not limited to wrongful termination, employment disability rights, employment discrimination, whistleblower, and harassment suits as well as class action wage and hour cases. He has successfully resolved hundreds of such matters, routinely obtaining settlements and judgments for his clients in the six and seven figures.
Mr. Mehtani has successfully represented all kinds of workers ranging from dedicated laborers who have been taken advantage of at under-the-radar sweatshops to top executives of America’s largest public companies who have been treated unfairly and unlawfully by their peers. Mr. Mehtani is not afraid to take on deep pockets with armies of corporate law firm lawyers. He cut his teeth in that corporate law firm world and is not at all intimidated by it. More importantly, he understands that each individual case comes down to the facts and law, and his job is to present his client’s narrative in a detailed, clear, and nuanced manner that commands the respect of the court and of the professionals on the other side, and generally brings about empathy for his client.
Mr. Mehtani started his legal career at O’Melveny & Myers – a highly selective corporate litigation powerhouse headquartered in Los Angeles that has incubated some of America’s most successful lawyers, judges, business leaders, and politicians. After leaving O’Melveny, Mr. Mehtani went on to specialize in employment litigation at another large international powerhouse firm – the Washington D.C. based Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld. Akin Gump’s employment litigation practice is widely considered to be among the best in the United States. Before founding Rushovich Mehtani LLP with Mr. Rushovich, Mr. Mehtani received valuable training at each of these large corporate firms for several years.
Outside of the office, Mr. Mehtani enjoys spending time with his large and loving family as well as his wonderful set of friends, taking advantage of LA’s diverse restaurants, learning about the dynamic world around us through books, documentaries, and other intelligent media, and also generally appreciating the Golden Age of Television.
- University of Southern California (USC), J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., highest honors
HONORS & AWARDS
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star, Southern California, 2015-2017 (Featured in Los Angeles Magazine)
- A perfect 10.0 rating on Avvo, deemed “Superb”
LEGAL MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Member, California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA)
RECENT SEMINARS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Panel Speaker, "Practice (Management) Makes Perfect - Put Your Practice Where Your Mouth Is", California Employment Lawyers Association, October 2016
- Panel Moderator and Speaker, Experiences from the Defense Side, California Employment Lawyers Association, Annual Statewide Employment Law Conference, October 2015
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit